The aim of IPAA as a professional association is to promote good governance and excellence in public administration in Australia.
The Northern Territory Division is a voluntary, non-profit professional association of public sector employees, academics, and other persons with a common interest in public administration and public sector reform, promoting and exchanging ideas on trends, practices and innovations in public administration.
IPAA NT’s main objectives are:
- To support the principles of public administration;
- To encourage professional development by supporting activities which recognise excellence in public administration and co-operating, where practical, with other professional bodies;
- To support National Council initiatives;
- To maintain and grow membership levels;
- To conduct a program of events throughout the year to promote public administration and professional development;
- To promote the objectives of the Institute in regional and remote areas of the Territory;